Direct response marketing is a marketing tool which demands a direct response from your potential customers. This type of marketing is used to answer questions, present your branding and products and it’s the reason you do what you do.
Customers love direct marketing, as they’re offered the opportunity to respond, whether that be in the way of signing for a newsletter, posting a comment on your site or blog, or purchasing a product from you.
So, what does direct response marketing look like? Well, it comes in many forms, including:
- Direct mail
- Print ads (newspaper and magazine)
- Radio and TV ads
- Letters, flyers and postcards
- Vouchers or other incentives
Why should you use direct marketing?…
- Excellent way to use free time during lulls in business
- Productive way to communicate with potential clients
- Great way to up and cross-sell to customers
- Low cost way to gain new business
- Used as leverage to turn small sales into large sales
- Supplement your current marketing program
- Cost-effective way to reach target markets
- Offers measurable results
- Reach outside your local area for new business
- Increase the effectiveness of your sales force
These are all great things that can come from just taking a few simple steps to putting together a direct response marketing plan and executing it.
“I honestly don’t think you’ll ever find a safer, lower-risk, higher-profit method of increasing your business or profession than direct-response marketing.” Jay Abraham
Direct response marketing is one of the best ways to launch your business on a large scale and reach out to everyone in your target market whether they are in your local area or not.